Thursday, May 15, 2014

If it be thou.

Matthew 14:28-30
28 And Peter answered him and said, Lord, if it be thou, bid me come unto thee on the water.
29 And he said, Come. And when Peter was come down out of the ship, he walked on the water, to go to Jesus.
30 But when he saw the wind boisterous, he was afraid; and beginning to sink, he cried, saying, Lord, save me.

            My wife and I talked about these verses last night in bed. To me, when I read these verses, I received more of the fact that Peter had a desire to be different and that he was willing to step out on faith as a result Jesus called him out. Matthew 22:14 For many are called, but few are chosen.
            The way that my wife received it was the fact that Peter had a desire to be wherever Jesus is. He saw an opportunity, but he needed Jesus to confirm it for him first.  To say that, “if this is of you Lord, prove it to me, tell me plainly”. And Jesus said “Come”. Malachi 3:10 Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the Lord of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it.
So essentially before Jesus proved anything or showed Himself able. It was required of Peter to do his part and step out. Just like in the book of Malachi, it’s required to bring the tithes unto the Lord 1st that there will be sufficiency in the House of the Lord.  Then will your barns or your homes be bursting over with an overflow.

Grab and go: I’m grateful for the revelation that God gave my wife. He showed me that although spending time alone with Him is necessary, but not to forget that He has given her to me for a purpose. That we should continue to spend time together in His word that we may grow in completeness.  Hebrews 10:25 Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.

No comments:

Post a Comment