Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Sun up, to sun down!

     
  The Word of God is found in everything that we do. Just this morning as I was driving my children to school, I notice that when I was headed towards the school the sun seemed directly in front of me. Sometime it would be so bright that it would be hard to see. I would have to pull down the visor just to continue on. Likewise when I was headed in the other direction opposite of that of the school, the sun would be behind me. So there was no need for the visor. I could see with no problem.

            Applying that to the Word it seems when we are headed in the direction that God has called us to go, sometimes it becomes a little difficult to see the road ahead. But we are not to be in despair but realize that God has already made provisions to see you through. That like that visor, God has given us help, through the Holy Spirit, to enable us to overcome all obstacles. Funny that when I was headed in the opposite direction, I seemingly did not need the visor. Everything was illuminated well enough for me to see everything, except the sun/son.
 John 14:16-18 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforterthat he may abide with you for ever;17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.18 I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.

Grab and Go: 2 Corinthians 5:7 For we walk by faith, not by sight. Don’t let your own eyes fool you into thinking that as long as you can see the outcome of a situation that it somehow must be the direction God will have you walk. Truth be told, when you can see it too clearly where you don’t need a visor. Where it seems only logical to do a certain thing. That’s the indication that you’re headed in the wrong direction. God never said it would be easy, He just promised that He would see you through it if you believe in Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment