Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Be ye holy; for I am holy.

1 Peter 1:16 Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy.
It is good that we don’t curse or drink etc… But we shouldn’t look for a pat on the back. The Word teaches us that those things are to be expected. That’s like me saying look daddy I’m black, and him saying “I’m glad you realize and acknowledge that. But you’re supposed to be black because I’m black. I would expect nothing less”. For that cause, I wouldn’t go around promoting that I’m black. It would be obvious.  So also let your Holiness be seen and your conversation coupled with fear.

Manna for thought: You don’t have to expressly promote that you’re a Christian. Although it’s good that you’re bold about it. You don’t have to convince anyone.  It should been seen by the fruit you bear.

Matthew 7:20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

No comments:

Post a Comment