Thursday, August 28, 2014

Make ready yourself!!

Encouraging Song of the day: William McDowell - I Give Myself Away

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7ofQmeao9I

John 14: 2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

          What if you had a good friend or relative that wanted to visit and told you what day they would arrive but not the time? Wouldn’t you make ready your home by cleaning and straighten up in preparation of their arrival? Jesus is doing the same thing. Before our arrival into Heaven He is making ready a place for us there. We are to do the same while we are here on earth. We are to make ready ourselves, the church (the body of Christ) for Jesus arrival. That when He returns, we may be without spot or wrinkle or any such thing (Ephesians 5:27). In other Words when Jesus comes back He is looking to see who has put on the whole Armour, who has repented of evil, who is covered in the blood.


          Manna for thought: The price of sin has already been paid for, on your behalf. Therefore let us not take for granted the gift that was so freely given to us, (salvation). But let us now be in preparation by the renewing of our minds to be transformed. That He may find us ready when He returns.1 Thessalonians 5:6 Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober.

No comments:

Post a Comment