Thursday, September 18, 2014

Beautifully Made

Encouraging song of the day: Leah Smith - Beautifully Made
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6VPg_ZbBbE

Song of Solomon 1:6 (Amp)
6 [Please] do not look at me, [she said, for] I am swarthy. [I have worked out] in the sun and it has left its mark upon me. My stepbrothers were angry with me, and they made me keeper of the vineyards; but my own vineyard [my complexion] I have not kept.
Sometimes due to things that have happened to us in our past or even in our present, scars emotionally as well as physical have been developed. These scars have dictated and steered us through different courses of our lives and relationships. Which well for some, have left us emotionally broken and torn.
          Don’t allow your circumstance to overcome you and dictate who you are in Christ. At the end of the day that’s all that matters anyway (what Jesus thinks about you). Be encouraged by reading of His Word. When the world has a different opinion about you as they always will. Look to the Love letters that were meant for you to see how beautiful you are.
Song of Solomon 1:9-10
9 O my love [he said as he saw her], you remind me of my [favorite] mare in the chariot spans of Pharaoh.
10 Your cheeks are comely with ornaments, your neck with strings of jewels.

Manna for thought:  Be mindful to encourage one another often. You never know what emotional scars have been imparted in someone’s life that a few kind words could begin to mend. Proverbs 16:24 Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.
Hebrews 3:13 But exhort one another daily, while it is called To day; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin

No comments:

Post a Comment