Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Same God

Encouraging song of the day: Tye Tribbett - If He Did It Before....Same God

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80Dpek7qK08

Sometimes as I read and study, I find myself hung up on a particular man of God in the bible like Abraham for instance. Sometimes I become so captivated by his story that it’s hard not to relate my life to the same situation that he went through so long ago. Maybe not the same exact situations but the same circumstance. ( Trusting God and holding on to His promise) Before I knew it I would find myself reading and studying about David and just mediating on how God worked in him from such a young age. How God chose him and ordained him to be king of Israel. (In other words how God chose David to lead His people.)   
          The names go on and on, but the thing that I find that is so interesting is the fact that I can relate so intensely with each individual. As I thought about this, the Holy Spirit showed me just as clear as day. The same God, that moved and worked through Abraham and David etc… is the same God that is in full operation today. The same Spirit that moved in Moses when he parted the sea is the same Spirit that moves in us today, parting the seas of our lives that we may cross over into a new place of faith in Him.

Exodus 3:6

6 Moreover he said, I am the God of thy father, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob. And Moses hid his face; for he was afraid to look upon God.

No comments:

Post a Comment