Wednesday, November 5, 2014

But what about me? By Ms Alicia Richardson


I been meditating on this feeling of, “I’m always there for everyone else, but who has my back?”..... I said God fix this, Holy Spirit give me revelation on this thing. The enemy try to creep up and whisper in my ear, “but what about you?” Who is really there for you? The reply, no one.” The Holy Spirit had to reveal to me that the enemy want to deflect me to a selfish place to take my focus off of what God has called for my life. When you give you’re self to God, you understand that God comes 1st, others comes 2nd and yourself come last. I had to rebuke this thought that lingers so heavy in my life, as I know, to live for God, I have to give and give without question and anything in return.... point, blank and the period!
So, whats next....my corrective action to this feeling is to look deep into Jesus’s selfless and sacrificial act to die on the cross for our sins. The bible tells us in Isaiah 53:5 5 But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our guilt and iniquities; the chastisement [needful to obtain] peace and well-being for us was upon Him, and with the stripes [that wounded] Him we are healed and made whole. Jesus did not die on the cross for his family, his kids, a good friend or a pat on the back from society or his peers. He died on the cross for ALL men..... which includes people that you and I might think is not worthy. This is an example, set forth, for me to give to people or a circumstance.... that I might not understand why...and who am I to question, but what about me?
In Isaiah chapter 53 the bibles depicts “The Suffering Servant”, the holy spirit lead me to this reading. It was dropped in my spirit, to share this....be encouraged, don’t give into the feeling of “what about me”, but instead, be submissive to God’s word. Although, you may feel like “I’m tired of being used, no one appreciates me or acknowledges me.” Instead, take that feeling and energy and turn it into a praise for being a tool from God for someone else’s blessing. Humbly sacrifice yourself for others, be of help to people in silence to fulfill God’s will. At times you may feel like you have your own problems and oppressions, but through your obedience you will sow seeds into a bigger harvest... Amen! God is a giver and he never question what he is giving, what is his return, learn to bless people with your gifts...even if it’s a listening ear, encouraging words.....despite the fact of if you have “arrived” to own blessing or praise from others in the process. I find joy in my heart by helping people, therefore I do not need any reciprocated behaviors from anyone.....and tonight I rebuke the lies of the enemy...I will operate within my gifts of giving.
Manna for thought: “The destiny of servanthood to God is triumph even though it look like defeat, God’s way is not man’s way”

No comments:

Post a Comment