Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Controlling your Emotions (by:Ms. Alicia Richardson)

God bless everyone. Today I would like to introduce our sister in Christ Ms. Alicia Richardson. She has a Word from God in her heart that she desire to share with all that will receive. I pray you all will receive what God is doing for her as well as what He is doing through her life. Pray for her encouragement and strength in the Lord.

Controlling your Emotions

It has been times in my life where I let my emotions lead me when making decisions and 99% of the time those were the wrong decisions. What I have learned is that we all deal with emotions and emotions play a major role in everyone’s daily activities...whether it’s at school, your job or hanging with family etc. But, GOD wants us to use Wisdom not our emotions. Although, it’s been a huge struggle for me, I try to make conscience effort to when I feel my emotions rising up to settle down, seek GOD through prayer and wait on his answers! The bible says in Colossians 3:15 And let the peace (soul harmony which comes) from Christ rule (act as umpire continually) in your hearts [deciding and settling with finality all questions that arise in your minds, in that peaceful state] to which as [members of Christ’s] one body you were also called [to live]. And be thankful (appreciative), [giving praise to God always].Today, I will release emotions in decision making, as I know GOD created us to operate with the fruit of self-control! The bible says in 1 Peter 5:8-9 Be well balanced (temperate, sober of mind), be vigilant and cautious at all times; for that enemy of yours, the devil, roams around like a lion roaring [[a]in fierce hunger], seeking someone to seize upon and devour. 9 Withstand him; be firm in faith [against his onset—rooted, established, strong, immovable, and determined], knowing that the same ([b]identical) sufferings are appointed to your brotherhood (the whole body of Christians) throughout the world.

Manna for Thought: We all have emotions, that won’t go away...but the good news is we can manage those emotions and don’t have to rely on them. We can depend on God and take all things to him!

No comments:

Post a Comment