Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Triumph by way of weakness (By Ms. Alicia Richardson)


Triumph by way of weakness (By Ms. Alicia Richardson)

I woke up this morning, opened the blinds and windows to allow for the breeze and the sunlight to come in the house. In doing so, I just stopped and closed my eyes... what a beautiful morning I thought. As I was embracing the moment, God said to me, let me speak! You have been doing too much talking and not enough listening. God then lead me to my bible... to Judges Chapter 6. Lead by the spirt I began to read and immediately identified with Gideon.
You see, God called Gideon to save a nation, however Gideon was doubtful. Gideon felt like he did not fit the description as an harden soldier. He was fearful by the current situation of the land and he was weak in faith, in such a way, he asked the Lord for three signs to ensure it was indeed, the Lord, speaking to him. He felt like he was the youngest of his family and his family was the weakest of the tribe. Gideon felt like he just wasn't the right guy for the job. The lord sent his angel to ensure him that the lord was with him. Judges 6:12. The Angel of the Lord address Gideon: “ The Lord is with you mighty warrior”. After the Lord confirmed three times, Gideon became obedient and lead a whole nation to triumph!
It was dropped in my spirt to encourage each of us that GOD can turn weakness into triumph! It’s often that GOD calls on ordinary people, people who is weak or timid to help carry out his will. We all get fearful that we aren’t worthy enough or strong enough to be called on by GOD. Sometimes our current situations around us may make us doubtful in hearing GOD and believing....But the lord see positive potential in everyone.

Manna for thought:

Stop and listen when the Lord is speaking, be obedient and receive your blessings and triumph that is in store for you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment