Thursday, October 30, 2014

So run, that ye may obtain

Encouraging song of the day: Kelonate Gavin- Singing I won't Complain
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZD-m3i7RJRg

Romans 7:22-24
22 For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:
23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.
24 O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?
I don’t know about you, but as for me I LOVE God, and I desire to do His will. But my flesh, my flesh has other plans. My flesh has desires to please itself. So in this verse of the scripture I completely understand Paul as he describes the constant battle to crucify his flesh and submit to the will of God. He goes even so far to describe it as war; “warring against the law of my mind”. The fight is that intense.
As a man of God I understand the pressure to meet the needs of others. Which really the pressure only exists as a result of my passion to be pleasing to God and to do as my Father would do. satan will often(in a desperate attempt to counteract a believers passion and deter his purpose) will utilize the spirit of confusion and doubt to create pressure to oppress us to the point of discouragement and ultimately giving up. Thus creating a battle within the war we fight against spiritual wickedness, principalities and powers. So if I could encourage you even if only for the moment, don’t give up. 1 Corinthians 9:24 Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain.


Manna for thought: We are not without help in this spiritual warfare. We have the armour of God that we may be able to stand. Ephesians 6:10-11 10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.

No comments:

Post a Comment