Thursday, March 6, 2014

Driving on a suspended

Has anyone ever had a suspended license? (And don’t act like I’m the only one) Well whatever the reason of the suspension, by law you cannot operate a motor vehicle. When my license was suspended I took that law as I shouldn't operate a motor vehicle, and so I did. Now while my license was valid I would drive pretty much with no concern with the way I drove because I knew I was good. But when they were suspended I drove like I was in driver’s ed all over again. I obeyed every traffic light. No speeding past the yellow. Completely stopped at every stop sign. And don’t let me see a police officer, I would sit up straight make sure my seat belt was on, I would even turn down the music didn't matter if it was loud or not. Doing everything in my power to make sure I didn't draw attention to myself to be pulled over because I knew my punishment would be more severe.
1 Samuel 15:22
And Samuel said, Hath the Lord as great delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices, as in obeying the voice of the Lord? Behold, to obey is better than sacrifice, and to hearken than the fat of rams.

True if you never drove a car after your license has been suspended, you wouldn't have to worry about being pulled over and facing a more severe punishment. But for those that sometimes need to touch the fire to see that it’s hot, God still shows mercy and grace and teaches us a lesson in that as well. Realizing that the provisions that you go through to not get caught while driving on a suspended license, if we were to have that mindset all the time (to do what we know is right) we probably wouldn't have a suspended license in the first place.

Grab and go: Sometimes we need to experience things for ourselves to see how it really is. But wouldn't it just be better if you took God’s word for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment