Tuesday, March 25, 2014

I cried out thrice !!

2 Corinthians 12:7-10
7 And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the fleshthe messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure.
For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me.
9 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weaknessMost gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
10 Therefore I take pleasure in infirmitiesin reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.
            What if you had your way all the time? What if you were never troubled by anything? Would you still seek after God so fervently? To be honest probably not. Funny how God is the first person we turn to when the chips are down but the last on our to-do list when the chips are up.
            For me I struggle with enjoying the blessings of God. I never want to overdue anything that could cause me to lose sight of Him. Don’t get me wrong I don’t want to be in lack. But looking back I spent so much time on my face in prayer, so much time in total worship glorifying the King of kings and Lord of lords. That when I wasn't in lack I didn't do so much of. I’m just being honest.
            I can just appreciate Paul speaking of his thorn which obviously wasn't something that he wanted. But yet and still he glorified the Father and rejoiced in his setbacks because when he was weak, he was actually strong. God spoke to him and said,” My grace is sufficient for thee”.

Grab and go: I've made up my mind that whether I have or don’t I’m going to serve God with all my heart, mind and soul.  My prayer is that my family doesn't have to be in lack. Continue to pray for us family as we will for you.
Psalm 18:6
6 In my distress I called upon the Lord, and cried unto my God: he heard my voice out of his temple, and my cry came before him, even into his ears.

No comments:

Post a Comment