Friday, March 7, 2014

Fear; Good or Bad?


            Having a lack of confidence can deter you from being bold for Christ. The lack of confidence that plagues some of us is really just a manifestation of fear.
Timothy 1:7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

What satan use for our down fall God uses for our good.

Exodus 4 :17 I encourage everyone to take time to read this on there on.
Many of us have been called by God to speak (teach, preach, evangelize,) the Word of God. But like Moses there is a small bit of fear that holds us back from being bold for Him.
Like Moses we begin to point out things about ourselves that we feel are inadequate. I don’t talk well, or what if I say the wrong thing, the other person sounds better than me. What if they bring up something from my past? We use these things as tools that prevent us from walking in God fully. We can only imagine how this must anger God. Because what we are actually saying is “God I know you are perfect, and you made me in your image, oh and you said that I can do all things through you but maybe this one thing I just can’t do. Like God told Moses” 11 The Lord asked him, “Who gave humans their mouths? Who makes humans unable to talk or hear? Who gives them sight or makes them blind? It is I, the Lord! 12 Now go, and I will help you speak and will teach you what to say.”

Grab and go: The way I see it, it is a good thing that we point out all the things we feel are inadequate, in fact write them down so you won’t forget. But keep a willing heart, then that way when God works through us, He gets all the glory. We can do nothing on our own. But through the power of Christ, He can use us like He did Moses to bring not only ourselves but others out of bondage.

No comments:

Post a Comment