Friday, January 17, 2014

He could have come down!!

You don’t know Love like the Love of my God. Family I have another song to share this morning. I’m sorry I get so overwhelmed with so many different kinds of emotions when I hear this song .It’s hard just to type this but…
            Wess Morgan has a song called “You paid it ALL”.  To listen to this and re visit the frame of mind that Christ had to have been in when he was being judge for all of man’s (our) sins. Bearing His cross even until death. A crown of thorns on His head, nails in His hands and feet. Pierced in His side beaten beyond all imaginable, all so that we wouldn't have to die. (Selah)  We really need to pause and think about that for a minute. Imagine a bus coming down your path and you couldn't dodge it. Unless someone steps in to pushes you out of the way you’ll be hit and killed. Knowing the dangers and the severity Jesus stepped up and says I’ll save you. I’m sorry, I know that story doesn't even deserve to be mention beside the magnitude of what Christ did for us. I just want us to have a visual on how much He loves us.
Just to add, something to bring to remembrance later on throughout your day. He could have come down, yet Love held Him there. John 18:36 Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.
 Think about that when you ponder over your own relationship. Regardless of whom you reference your relationship with; if they say they love you does it reflect the type of Love that Christ demonstrated towards us? Understand (I know this is going to help someone this morning) Love will not only cause you TO DO for someone but it will also cause you NOT TO DO. Love caused Jesus to die for us in our stead and Love caused Jesus not to come down from that cross while He was being crucified. So you see True/real Love will cause someone to want to enter into a Holy union (marriage) and be with you always, and that same Love would refrain them from neglecting you and abusing you. Christ Love won’t hurt you, yet instead it prepares you for greater things to come.
Hebrews 12:2
GOD’S WORD Translation (GW)
We must focus on Jesus, the source and goal of our faith. He saw the joy ahead of him, so he endured death on the cross and ignored the disgrace it brought him. Then he received the highest position in heaven, the one next to the throne of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment