Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Priority #1

I had the pleasure and opportunity to spend time with a couple last night that had recently made up their minds that they weren't satisfied with where they are. They want more of God and they were committed to seeking after Him.

            Do we realize how much God can use someone like that? When the person (s) says “I’m clearing my schedule, what would you have me do Lord”? Availability, it’s key for those that are seeking after God. Why, because what you’re expressing to God is that You O’ Lord are my top priority. Now of course our natural way of thinking may incorporate things like our job’s and other significant obligations. But really aren't they just excuses? You mean to tell me that some mediocre job is more important than God when He was the one that blessed you with it in the first place. (Side note) Your promotion may have been withheld from you because you withhold your relationship with God from everyone else. Now moving forward,  Psalm 16:8-9 I have set the Lord always before me: because he is at my right hand, I shall not be moved.
9 Therefore my heart is glad, and my glory rejoiceth: my flesh also shall rest in hope.

Grab and go: Putting God first sustains you, (shall not be moved). Putting God first gives you joy, (my heart is glad and glory “ my inner self ” rejoiceth ) and putting God first  gives you peace (rest in hope).

No comments:

Post a Comment