Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Search me O God

This morning I was patiently waiting for a response for my prayer. Which was “Lord show me what you will have me to do this day”. As I was waiting (not knowing He had already sent an answer to my request) I was listening to some new music that I came across and I happen to find this video of a young lady and her brother singing for God. I had to have listened to this song a hundred times now. I just think that it’s a beautiful song and the fact that it’s so simple, there is no added anything no studio, no crowds, no auto tune just their Love for God. I am going to paste a link for those that can check out the video please do so. For those that can’t I will post the lyrics. When you read the lyrics meditate on what’s said, we don’t want anything, just You… (Selah).  It makes me recall when I first came to realize who God really is, and what He means to me (which is Everything) and the feeling of it being just Him and I. Nothing and no one else mattered, just Him.
It’s good to sometimes just meditate on your relationship with God. Before we can be effective witness of the gospel we must first be established in truth ourselves. I encourage you to spend time reflecting on what God will have for you to work on that you may be able to help someone else with their change. 
Psalm 139:23-24
23 Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts:
24 And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting


Lyrics: Our beloved Father
Please come down and meet us
We are waiting on Your touch
Open up the heavens
Shower down Your presence
We respond to Your great love
 
We won’t be satisfied with anything ordinary
We won’t be satisfied at all
 
Open up the sky
Fall down like rain
We don’t want blessings
We want you
Open up the sky
Fall down like fire
We don’t want anything but you
 
Our beloved Jesus
We just want to see
You In the glory of Your light
Earthly things don’t matter
They just fade and shatter
When were touched by love divine
 
Here we go lets go to the throne
The place that we belong
Right into His arms

No comments:

Post a Comment