Friday, January 31, 2014

my Daddy raised me

             Normally when we come across a child that is very well mannered, constantly says yes mam and no mam or yes sir and no sir we tend to think “what a respectful child”. We may even commend that child for being so respectful. But being that he or she is a child we know that the manners that the child has ultimately comes from whoever raises them.

            So when we see well-mannered children what we see is a reflection of the parents (grand parents or guardian) that influences, teaches, and instructs the child. It is the same with us and our relationship with God. John 15:4-5
GOD’S WORD Translation (GW)
4 Live in me, and I will live in you. A branch cannot produce any fruit by itself. It has to stay attached to the vine. In the same way, you cannot produce fruit unless you live in me.
5 “I am the vine. You are the branches. Those who live in me while I live in them will produce a lot of fruit. But you can’t produce anything without me.

The fruit that we bear (love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance) is a direct result of Christ abiding in us and we in Him. And by His Word we know that we can bear nothing on our own.



Grab and go: So something to keep in mind. When someone compliments you on the fruit that they see in your life, just smile and say Thank you, and tell them “my Daddy raised me”.

No comments:

Post a Comment