Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Reassured

Why must we constantly be reassured?
There is nothing like the peace that encompasses around about us, the peace that only God can give. Philippians 4:7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

All of my children are alike and different in so many ways. When each of them was at the 1 or 2 year stage of their lives they had already begun to develop their own little personalities. The oldest was just fearless. I would set him up on the counter and tell him to jump into my arms and without hesitation he would jump. No matter how far I stepped back he didn't care because he knew that daddy would catch him.
Then there was my middle child, in the same instants I would set him up on the counter and tell him to jump but he needed to proof first. He would watch the oldest do it, then he would be convinced that daddy wouldn't let him fall. So he would jump but he didn't want me to step back to far or he would need to be reassured again.
Then there was my daughter. I would set her on the counter and tell her to jump. But no matter if she saw her brothers do it or not, unless I held her hand she would not jump. As long as I was holding her hand she was fine, in her mind she was saying I don’t just have to take his word for it I can feel his hand in mine. So if I jump and he doesn't catch me I can at least grab him. So in other words she needed insurance.
All of us have been at one or all of these stages in our life with Christ. Some in faith just jump because he tells us to. Some need to see it first before we can act on it. Then there are some that need insurance. We need God to give us a fall back plan in case what He wants for us doesn't pan out. In order to grow (jump further in Christ) we 1st have to trust Him.

Grab and go: Numbers 23:19 God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?  Learn to trust God. Unlike people in your life God has never lied to you or promised you something and not made good on it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment