Tuesday, April 1, 2014

"I am the way"

John 14:6
6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Jesus is the only Way. John 10:9
I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture. We act as if there are other options that sustain life but there isn't. Any other path that we choose will ultimately lead to death.

Let’s keep it simple. We feel that we can proceed in different directions such as doing things that may be Christ like but not have Christ in it. Such as our so call love for one another but not have Christ in your lives, how could it possibly be Love, if He is not in it? Things such as giving to charities because you feel it’s right but not giving where God has obviously compelled you to do so. Like overlooking your neighbor right next door or your neighbor in the next cubical.
What I’m saying is, we can’t expect to be pleasing to God and do things that are Christ like, and not have Christ in our lives. His Son is the evidence to why it is we do those things. Unless Christ is the motivator (the WAY) in which we live our lives, all other things that we do are pointless.

Grab and go: 1 Corinthians 13:3 (Amp)
3 Even if I dole out all that I have [to the poor in providing] food, and if I surrender my body to be burned or [a]in order that I may glory, but have not love (God’s love in me), I gain nothing.  

No comments:

Post a Comment