Friday, April 4, 2014

No other way!!

John 14:6
6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
All week we focused on the importance of Jesus as He is, the way the truth and the life.  Many of us can even remember the scripture well enough to quote. But as we recite and quote the scripture let us not forget the second part of the verse. Which reads:  no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
Let this be a constant reminder that no matter what you do, or how well you do it. If Christ is not in it (the way), if He is not glorified (the Truth), if He is not acknowledged (the Life) in some form or way then what you do is in vain.

1 Corinthians 13 and John 14:6 go hand and hand. Because in 1 Corinthians 13 Paul explains that I can speak with the tongues of angels but lack Love which we know is Jesus Christ (1 John 4:8 He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love) and I would be nothing more than a clanging symbol. If I understand all the mysteries and have all knowledge, even have the faith to move mountains but have not Love, I am NOTHING. (I encourage you to read 1 Corinthians 13 in its entirety.)
What we should understand is this. There is no other way to live life Period. Don’t fool yourself to think its all good to play church. Show up once and a while and donate or give to the needy every so often and think that you and God are cool. You will find yourself standing before Him and Him telling you get away from me you worker of iniquity, I never knew you.

Grab and Go: Matthew 7:21-23
21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

No comments:

Post a Comment