Thursday, February 27, 2014

Become as little children! (Matthew 18:3)

Yesterday we talked about not given place to the devil. In doing so we learn how to have restraint. How to abstain from things that cause us to fall (sin). If you know that drinking milk upsets your stomach. The best way to prevent it would be not to buy it or bring it in the home. Romans 13:14 But put ye on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make not provision for the flesh, to fulfil the lusts thereof.
 But what if you have someone in your house that can drink milk and it doesn't bother them? Then we should have enough restraint to not drink the milk. Just because it’s there doesn't mean we have to drink it.

My son had a testimony that he shared with me on the way to school this morning. I asked could I share it today on our daily email and he said yes. So with that, my son has been self-conscious about his weight for a little while now. We try to encourage him often. We do this so that he doesn't allow a misperception of how some other boys his age look define how he feels he should look(weight wise). I notice that he hadn't asked for snack money in quite a while. I would ask him from time to time if he needed anything and he would say no. I didn't think too much about it. This morning, I saw him in the change dish I asked him did he get what he needed. He said yes. I asked did he need any more money. He said no. So I said to him, “do you understand that if you need something or even wanted any extra money that I was in a position to be able to do that for you” he said yes sir, I don’t want any snack money. So I flat out asked him why? He said when he use to have money all the time that he would always go to the snack line to get a snack. He said sometimes he didn't even want a snack but he would get one because he had the money to. So he decided since he was trying to watch the things that he ate that if he didn't have any snack money then he wouldn't be tempted to eat a snack. I told him that he inspires me and that I could learn a lot from him. My 12 year old is truly a man of God.

Grab and go: Some things are really hard for us to let go of. But if we stop making provisions to keep them in our lives we would be a lot better off.

No comments:

Post a Comment