Thursday, February 20, 2014

Speak Lord

1 Samuel 3:4-10
Then the Lord called Samuel. “Here I am,” Samuel responded.He ran to Eli and said, “Here I am. You called me.”
“I didn't call you,” Eli replied. “Go back to bed.” So Samuel went back and lay down.
The Lord called Samuel again. Samuel got up, went to Eli, and said, “Here I am. You called me.”
“I didn't call you, son,” he responded. “Go back to bed.”Samuel had no experience with the Lord, because the word of the Lord had not yet been revealed to him.
The Lord called Samuel a third time. Samuel got up, went to Eli, and said, “Here I am. You called me.”
Then Eli realized that the Lord was calling the boy. “Go, lie down,” Eli told Samuel. “When he calls you, say, ‘Speak, Lord. I’m listening.’” So Samuel went and lay down in his room.
10 The Lord came and stood there. He called as he had called the other times: “Samuel! Samuel!” And Samuel replied, “Speak. I’m listening.”

This is for that person that God has been calling. Unsure of the voice that you here, you seek counsel from others. Without any clarity you continue to hear the voice calling out to you. This is for the person that’s full of passion and no purpose. The voice you hear is God calling you for your purpose. Spend time in prayer, and when you hear His voice call to you, respond “speak Lord for I am listening”.

Grab and go: We often hear God call to us, but because we have spent more time in fellowship with the world than with God our minds tend to distort what it is that we hear. When you start to spend more time with God, when you hear His voice there is a peace and confidence that surrounds you. Which gives you conformation that what you hear is from God. I encourage you to hear what it is that the Lord is saying to you, and to not only hear but listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment