Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Just put the seat down!!

Ephesians 4:26-27
26 Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath:
27 Neither give place to the devil.
            Have you ever been mad with someone only for them to ignore you? It sometimes frustrates you even more. You want the other person to know just how much their actions have affected you which caused you to be angry. It’s like inviting strife.
Sometime I leave the seat up. My wife can't stand it. She constantly reminds me or nags me lol about putting the seat down. I don't always intentionally do it, but it upsets her just the same. While she is giving me the spill on why I should put the seat down I may or may not pay much attention. When she sees that I’m not really bothered by her being upset she may feel slighted and sometimes she will begin to mumble under her breath. This she knows I can't stand because I know she's just talking about me. Now because I feel slighted something so small could turn into us not speaking to each other.
I shared this small testimony as an example of how we sometimes give place to the devil. What that means is we give him anopportunity to allow strife and conflict into our lives. We inadvertently give him access into our homes and he disrupts the peace that we have.
Don't allow the enemy or opposition to transfer onto you. Don't give sin a ledge to stand on. Don't open the door to strife. Sin looks for opportunities to enter in and cause disruption of peace. James 4:7 Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

Grab and go: Proverbs 15:1 A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger. At the sake of keeping peace in our homes and our lives. We may have to just lose sometimes so that we may win.

No comments:

Post a Comment