Thursday, February 13, 2014

Jesus said so...

We have authority, because Jesus has given it to us. Luke 10:19
Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you.
Matthew 10:1
And when he had called unto him his twelve disciples, he gave them power against unclean spirits, to cast them out, and to heal all manner of sickness and all manner of disease.

My son youngest son is four years old. All of his brothers are significantly older than he is and it’s interesting to see how they interact with one another. When the baby boy wants to play a video game he has to ask one of his brothers to set him up on the game system. Usually they won’t have a problem doing it. But then there are those times where they don’t feel like it. In those instances Chris, my four year old will come to me and essentially, tell on them. Now depending on the circumstance, I don’t want him to think that he is going to be able to have his way all the time, but I do want him to know he can trust daddy to work it out.
So I will tell him go back and tell your brothers “I said let you play”. That’s just what he does. “DADDY Said, let me play”. With no other issues, because they recognize the authority he speaks on is of dad, they set him up on the game. Acts 19:11-17
I want for us to see we move on the authority of God in the same manner. Because Daddy our Father said so.

Grab and go: Read Matthew 8:28-34 (in verse 32 Jesus simply said one word “Go” and they went). The next time the enemy attacks by speaking negative thoughts into your mind, Simply say Go.

No comments:

Post a Comment