Friday, February 7, 2014

Substituting

Instead of sugar we might use artificial sweeteners. Instead of visiting someone in person we may call, and if that isn't feasible we text. If we are sick we trust doctors to give us pills and we begin to rely on them instead of trusting God to heal us. Instead of actually going to church we may watch it on TV in the convenience of our own homes.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not telling anyone to go throw away all your pill bottles. Nor am I telling anyone that you have to show up in person to communicate with someone, or that you can’t get a revelation at home from the message being taught on the TV. What I’m getting at is this; what happens when we begin to rely on alternative solutions instead of seeking God for resolution.
2 Corinthians 12:9 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
Jeremiah 17:5 Thus saith the Lord; Cursed be the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm, and whose heart departeth from the Lord.

Grab and go: Don’t rely on people, places or things to sustain you. I am convinced that God is able to do all things, no matter how minuscule we may think it is. If you are not convinced, go to God in pray. Whatever it is you may feel you need to whole on to in order to get you by, ask God to give you strength to fast from that one thing for 24 hours and see if you begin to look at that thing in a different light.

No comments:

Post a Comment