Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Only for a moment

Isaiah 54:7
7 For a small moment have I forsaken thee; but with great mercies will I gather thee.
When I lost my mother at younger age it really did something to me. At the time in my life where I felt God was furthest from me, He was actually nigh unto me. I now know that God had begun to make provisions for me even before I could realize what was happening.  
Mark 10:29-30
29 And Jesus answered and said, Verily I say unto you, There is no man that hath left house, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my sake, and the gospel's,
30 But he shall receive an hundredfold now in this time, houses, and brethren, and sisters, and mothers, and children, and lands, with persecutions; and in the world to come eternal life.
I want for you the reader to read this Scripture and highlight for yourself what it is/was that you maybe had to lose or let go of in order to move forward in your relationship with God. I’m not saying to forget about that person or thing that you were attached to. But to let go of the hurt and pain that it caused you. Understand that God has a way of filling voids that we have in our lives. It’s important that we be filled with Him and not of things of this world. With that being said for me I highlighted mother. I never saw it coming, but God blessed my father with a new bride. And no she doesn't replace the only mother I have ever had or ever known.  But she does make me feel like her son. I have so long for that. I am a momma’s boy to my core. So I guess you can only imagine how I felt to be a son and not have a mother to belong to. With Kassandra Mark 10:30 has come to past for me. What I lost (the belonging to) God has given me back.

Grab and go: I don’t want to make this all about me. So I encourage you to read Mark 10:29-30 again and really connect with it. For those of you who have already received your promise Rejoice for God is true to His Word. For those that are still waiting Rejoice, for God is true to His Word.

No comments:

Post a Comment