Friday, February 28, 2014

Secret Christians

Matthew 10:32-33
32 Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven.
33 But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.

There are many of us that struggle with professing our relationship status. This predominately happens with younger believers. But that’s not to say that we all can’t relate to this regardless of age. With so much pressure to fit into a culture that preaches be yourself, be different. It’s funny that they all look the same. If I were to wear a turban around my head and soccer shoes everywhere I went. You would say I’m crazy. But if some famous rapper does it watch how many followers would go out head wrapped with cleats. Why? Because they want everyone to know that they keep up with the times. They want others to know that they know about the latest trends and gossip. They don’t want be left out. Funny that because they wear a different color turban they say “I’m not a follower, I’m a trend setter” (Side note).

What if we were that passionate about Christ? What if whatever He did we would imitate. Ephesians 5Therefore be imitators of God [copy Him and follow His example], as well-beloved children [imitate their father].  Instead because Jesus is not the rap star you see on TV or the basketball player that’s in the NBA we want to be accepted by the world so we deny our relationship with Him. Mainly because we feel others might not understand. And so the only time we are Christians is when we are in church or around other believers. This shouldn't be so. Even the world would say that’s being fake wit it.

Grab and go: If you truly Love someone you don’t care who knows or how they feel about it. My wife and I got married not long after dating one another. Despite how others felt, we were willing to get married regardless of what other people had to say about it because we love one another. Don’t think I’m saying despise wisdom and Godly counsel. I just wanted to make the point that when it’s real love your willing to forsake all others. Now ask yourself is that how you feel about God? Are you willing to forsake all others?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment